Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pizza is Like Sex


Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good... We've all heard that one, right? Well I'm not going argue the sexual aspect of it (If you want some funny commentary, go here or here!), but is the pizza part true? Have you really ever had a seriously BAD pizza?

Well I got first my lesson in pizza making last night. I bought some raw dough and had big plans for my first real pizza. What did I end up with? Chewy overworked crust (stretching the dough is harder than I thought!) and waaaay too many conflicting flavors.

Okay, thinking back on it now, I realize that marinara, mozarella, goat cheese, asiago cheese, kalamata olives, and crimini mushrooms might be a little bit of a flavor overload. But at the time, I was staring into the depths of my fridge salivating over all the potential pizza toppings. So what did I do? I threw everything I loved onto the pie.

Even though my first homemade pizza was too chewy, too thick, too acidic, too salty, and couldn't easily be eaten without a fork, it was still pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment