Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lake Ella's Offerings


I made a trip to Lake Ella last Wednesday for the Farmer's Market. That's where I got those gorgeous cherry tomatoes! If you know me, you know I'm obsessed with tomatoes. But only if they're home-grown. Well, I know it's not tomato season yet, but a lady has been growing these, along with some full-sized tomatoes, in her greenhouse and they are absolutely delicious. I've been roasting them with balsamic and olive oil, eating them in salads, and just grabbing one or two every now and then like they're candy.

Photobucket


I also got some really great broccoli that was picked just that morning. I've honestly never had broccoli like that- I've always bought a whole head of it from the grocery store. I'll admit, at first I thought $3 was a little much for the small amount, but it was totally worth it. I ended up doing something new with it, which I'll tell you about in a recipe later this week. :)


Photobucket

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment